Most malocclusions can
be treated effectively once the majority of the baby teeth have been
lost. All new patients are screened by Dr. Nguyen and evaluated for for
any orthodontic problems, especially before age 7.
this period, concerns associated with crowding, undesirable habits, and
disproportionate jaw growth, may first need to be addressed. Other
problems associated with tooth alignment or bite correction may best be
addressed subsequent to eruption of most permanent teeth.
The following are indications that an orthodontic problem may be present.
These are just a few of the early indications that orthodontic problems may exist.
- Crowded Teeth
- Early Loss of Teeth
- Deep overbite
- Mouth Breathing
- Thumb and Finger Habits
- Missing Teeth
- Protrusion of Front Teeth
- Speech Difficulties
- Poor Facial Profile
- Low Self-Esteem from Teeth Misalignment
What are the benefits of Timely Treatment?
- Improve self-confidence and self esteem
- Influence growth of the jaws to improve tooth relationship
- Increase the width of the dental arches
- Reduce the need for extractions
- Reduce the likelihood of future jaw surgery
- Reduce the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
- Eliminate harmful oral habits
- Reduce the treatment time for future orthodontics
- Improve speech development
- Guide the permanent teeth into a more favorable position
- Improve lip closure
- Gain space for erupting permanent teeth
- Better cooperation before teenage years
- To prevent unbalanced or asymmetric facial growth